Skip to main content

We released Smokeball AI at the end of July, and the response has been overwhelming! We’re so glad you’re seeing the power and benefits of Archie, your AI matter assistant. In addition to this supercharged productivity tool, we’ve released several other key features in July and August: 

Appointment booking via intake

Now clients can schedule meetings with you directly through your custom intake forms. Streamline scheduling for your clients and avoid double booking!  

Document search improvements

You can now preview documents from the advanced search tab to ensure you’ve selected the right one. Additionally, you can now advance filter by contact to search for a document across all matters a contact is part of. 

Interface update

To improve speed and reliability, we’ve changed the user interface in Smokeball’s native desktop app. While this might initially affect how you navigate the software, these updates will boost performance and enhance your Smokeball experience.  

Billing updates 

• Soft & hard costs - differentiate between soft and hard costs when entering expenses. 
  • Credit balances report - easily see credit balances on per matter or per contact basis.

Coming soon! Boolean Search

We’re adding Boolean to the advanced search for documents in Smokeball so you can quickly find the exact document you seek.  

Your feedback makes a difference! If you have suggestions for new features—or thoughts on what we’ve already rolled out—let us know in the comments below. 

Can you tell me how to get to the “search by contact?” I can’t see a filter in advanced search for that:

I’ve tinkered with the appointment app...not sure I want to give my clients that much power! One issue I noticed is that the client can book an appointment when I’ve already marked my calendar with a different event - unless I mark my previously entered events with the category of “busy”. Is that correct? I’ve never before bothered to mark my appointments as “vacation” or “out of office” or “busy”.

I’ve tinkered with the appointment app...not sure I want to give my clients that much power! One issue I noticed is that the client can book an appointment when I’ve already marked my calendar with a different event - unless I mark my previously entered events with the category of “busy”. Is that correct? I’ve never before bothered to mark my appointments as “vacation” or “out of office” or “busy”.

Hi @Funkytown ! That’s correct - you will need to mark the events as “busy” in order to block that time on your calendar. You can also customize the appointment section on your intake form to limit your availability if needed.

@Carolyn16tx Hi! Please make sure you’ve updated to 9.2 using these instructions. If the contact search is still not appearing, please contact our Support Team.