Skip to main content

Meet Archie, your AI-powered matter assistant

What is it? Meet Archie, your AI-powered matter assistant seamlessly integrated into Smokeball. It's like having everything you and your team know about your matter at your fingertips, ready share a summary, answer questions, and draft correspondence in seconds.

Why does it matter? Staying on top of every detail takes time and is always better with a second pair of eyes. Archie steps in to streamline your matter management, freeing you up to focus on high-value tasks and the outcomes your client has hired you to achieve.

How does it work?

1. Open any matter in Smokeball
  2. Click on Archie to activate your AI assistant
  3. Ask Archie to summarize the matter, answer specific questions, or draft an email
  4. Review Archie's output, which includes source links for context
  5. Use Archie's document analysis to compare files or extract key insights

It's that simple!

Who gets it? Archie is available as an add-on to Grow and Prosper+ subscriptions.

Want to know more? Dive deeper into Archie's capabilities in our support hub. Or simply drop a reply below with any questions or feedback. We're here to help you run your best firm with AI-powered assistance!

I don’t see Archie yet. I have upgraded to Smokeball 9.0.38.0.  Am I jumping the gun? 

Hi @Carolyn16tx  We are enabling Archie for batches of firms over the coming days until it is on for everyone. This staged roll-out is so that we can manage the incredible demand that we are seeing from our clients globally.

Keep looking for that orange tab and let us know what you think once you have had time to use Archie.

Thanks, Adele.

Keep looking for that orange tab and let us know what you think once you have had time to use Archie.

Right now I think, thanks great to know.  BUT for future reference, it would save time for those of us who might be excited about these sorts of announcements, to NOT make it sound like it’s live when it’s being rolled out in stages. This may sound like a cranky whiner comment, but I’m a huge fan of Smokeball and it would have been fine to see “Archie will be rolled out in stages” but it’s frustrating to think it’s live and it’s not. 

Right now I think, thanks great to know.  BUT for future reference, it would save time for those of us who might be excited about these sorts of announcements, to NOT make it sound like it’s live when it’s being rolled out in stages. This may sound like a cranky whiner comment, but I’m a huge fan of Smokeball and it would have been fine to see “Archie will be rolled out in stages” but it’s frustrating to think it’s live and it’s not. 

Or make exceptions for us Smokeball fans that are eager to try out and offer feedback for every new feature!

Thanks for the feedback @Carolyn16tx  @Funkytown 
I do sincerely apologise for the confusion, our original plan was to turn it on for every firm on day 1 but due to the overwhelmingly positive response and interest in Archie, we had to slow it down. 
Do not fear, it will be coming to your Smokeball very soon.

Thanks for the feedback @Carolyn16tx  @Funkytown 
I do sincerely apologise for the confusion, our original plan was to turn it on for every firm on day 1 but due to the overwhelmingly positive response and interest in Archie, we had to slow it down. 
Do not fear, it will be coming to your Smokeball very soon.

No reason to apologize. We are just excited to try out the new features. Any idea when I can expect access in the Seattle area? 

OK, so I am not going crazy and there is no Archie button yet?  Will there be an email or additional announcement for an update when it is available for all?

UPDATE: All firms will see the new Tab by end of this week ! 

Make sure you let me know what you think!

Any indication as to how much the Ask Archie add-on will cost?

UPDATE: All firms will see the new Tab by end of this week ! 

Make sure you let me know what you think!

Thank you for the update. 

I now have an Archie button, but it says I’m on a waiting list. Any idea how long I’ll be on a waiting list?

I now have an Archie button, but it says I’m on a waiting list. Any idea how long I’ll be on a waiting list?

The waiting list notification says your account rep will contact you. This page indicates that Archie is an “add on” I.e. it will cost more. I infer that firms cannot use Archie until they enter into a new additional licensing fee agreement through their rep. 

In matters where there are a large number of documents, but we want to ask Archie questions about just one, is there a way to limit which parts of the file Archie looks at? I keep getting an error message that the entire case has too many files, so Archie cannot look at a single document and answer questions about it.