Just starting

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

My company has just recently signed up to switch to Smokeball.  Anyone have any suggestions concerning the best way to walk through the transition from our old system to using Smokeball?

6 replies

Userlevel 6

Welcome @jbrinser! It’s lovely to have you here :) 

Here’s a few things that might help you with the move from old to new: 

• The wonderful @Kharrington and the rest of the onboarding team are here to help you with the transition. 
  • We have lots of webinars where you can learn more about particular features in Smokeball as well as general practice management. 
  • @Sara Sultan, @Lizzy Torres, @zac.meyer  and the rest of the training team are also here in the community to help tackle any questions you might have. Remember there is no such thing as a silly question.
  • Sara and Lizzy can also show you how to book in a session to tackle a particular issue. 
  • Once you’re getting the hang of things, keep an eye on the product updates section, we regularly share new features we’ve made for you there. 
  • Last but not least, we have many members here who are brand new, like you or have been using Smokeball for years. I am sure they might be able to share a tip or two from their time in transition. 

@magort@atharkhan, @JKibler, @CarsenTazi, @jtuchman, @Joan Reed Wilson, if you have a spare moment, I am sure @jbrinser would benefit a great deal from reading one or two pointers on how to get started in Smokeball :) 

Userlevel 6

One other thought @jbrinser. Your entire team is most welcome to post questions in here. They can register here or by jumping across to the “community" tab in the Smokeball Desktop App if they are a Smokeball Desktop user. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jbrinser — if you like, I’m happy to do a Zoom session and go over my setup and show you whatever I’ve learned. I’m not an expert but it would be my pleasure to share what I have learned.  Just remember, when all else fails, click your heels three times and say @Sara Sultan.  She will appear and fix everything or give you a very clear explanation of why it needs to be done differently.  My contact info is at www.atharkhan.com/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jbrinser — if you like, I’m happy to do a Zoom session and go over my setup and show you whatever I’ve learned. I’m not an expert but it would be my pleasure to share what I have learned.  Just remember, when all else fails, click your heels three times and say @Sara Sultan.  She will appear and fix everything or give you a very clear explanation of why it needs to be done differently.  My contact info is at www.atharkhan.com/contact

Thanks Athar!  I appreciate your willingness to help others on their journey!

Userlevel 6

@atharkhan that’s incredibly generous of you. Thank you for offering to support @jbrinser like this :) 

@Sara Sultan I couldn’t resist…Athar has a point! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I suggest taking the time to open all the new files from your old system onto smokeball. This should be done without interruptions to make sure you captured the correct information. It also helps to remind you how to open a matter and if you make mistakes it will help you learn how to fix them. I also suggest taking the time to upload all your contacts into smokeball. I can not tell you how easy it is to open a matter if you have all your contacts. And I agree with others, the smokeball team is great at helping you resolve issues.