What are your firm's goals?

What are your firm's goals?
Userlevel 2

We talk a lot about personal New Year resolutions, but do you set resolutions for your business too?

To help you achieve your goals this year, on behalf of our Client Success team, we’d love to know what your firm is focusing on, and how we can help.

• Want to find more clients?
  • Keen to branch out into different areas of Law?
  • Looking to grow your team?
  • Something else?

Your success coaches are on standby

The Client Success Team here at Smokeball are here to help you realise your business goals by helping you use Smokeball to your advantage.

We also invite our community members to share learnings to help each other. Starting a conversation or simply posting your goals below is a good place to start.

Whether you're planning on automating more of your processes to give you more time back or want to start tracking your profitability so that you know where to focus your marketing dollars, we are here to help support your success.

Even if you aren’t sure what your goals are yet, we can share a wealth of experience from many firms using Smokeball.

Let us be your guide to how Smokeball can help you do more, bill more and grow a successful firm this year.

Get started: share one of your goals today

To help turn your goals into actions and habits. Hit reply to share a few of your business goals below to inspire your peers in the Smokeball community (and help keep you accountable!).

You can also contact your Account Manager/Customer Success Manager for a new year check in - we’re looking forward to helping you succeed in 2023.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Goals for 2023:

1. Launch new website and continue to add content every week.
  2. Finish automating all repetive forms and agreements.
  3. Build a virtual paralegal team for litigation (Bankruptcy Adversary Proceedings, civil actions, probate litigation, and guardianship cases.
  4. Document processes for paralegals.
  5. Finish automation in Lawmatics..
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@VRose @JKibler @Njattorney4u @amandaharper @Stephanie Baumgartner @Tammara Jo Sparks @Sandy @llopez @Phil Macchi @LaurenAcquaviva @atharkhan @CarsenTazi @SallyBergman @GenieMillerGillespie @TimHoerman @LuckyEsquire @Bill Butcher @BJ Brinkerhoff @MattPerk @sgereszek @ChausowShafer @NJESQUIRE @dkuffer 

Any goals for you or your firm  for this year?  Feel free to take some from Mike’s awesome list above!

Userlevel 2
  1.  Begin to use SB Billing
  2. Finalize all forms in SB forms
  3. Refine workflows in some cases
  4. Hone our Leads --→ client processes

Dorene Kuffer

dorene@kufferlaw.com

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here they are

Financial Goals:  

Know and understand my numbers:

1. review my 2022 numbers,
  2. create budget,
  3. create forecast
  4. provide firm and personal taxes info to CPA by February

Strategy/Foundation Goals: 

1. Embody more the "Be Invested" value by increasing team internal trust, create more opportunities for team bonding, and adding quarterly individual check-ins
  2. Working on the “Be Innovative” value by implementing ideas/processes/solutions that have been in the work for a while

Sales & Marketing Goals:

1. Increase the number of estate administration through new campaign with local cemetery
  2. New Website

Client Experience Goals:

1. Review clients' feedback every other week (on Mondays) and address any issues that may arise

Team Goals:

1. Quarterly feedback survey
  2. Quarterly individual check-ins
  3. Quarterly team bonding experience (Disc Retreat completed by 3/31)

Systems, Tech, and Operations Goals:

1. Full intake/onboarding review: RingCentral, VR, DocuSign, Lawmatics?, etc.

Owner's Goals:

1. Take a quarterly vacation (from long weekend to full week)
  2. Attend Biz Coaching conference
  3. Delegate creation of notes for weekly caseload meeting
  4. Get Firm Admin Credits for CLM

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Wow @VRose you are unbelievably organized.  My goal for 2023 is to be as well organized as you are!!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wow @VRose you are unbelievably organized.  My goal for 2023 is to be as well organized as you are!!!! 

Now I have to follow through though! 😅

Goals for 2023:

1. Launch new website and continue to add content every week.
  2. Finish automating all repetive forms and agreements.
  3. Build a virtual paralegal team for litigation (Bankruptcy Adversary Proceedings, civil actions, probate litigation, and guardianship cases.
  4. Document processes for paralegals.
  5. Finish automation in Lawmatics..

Mike, these are great goals for the new year! Let’s set some time up to discuss these more in depth and how we can help. I will email you a link to my calendar. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  1. Start writing content to help with marketing to my “A” clients and repelling my “F” clients.
  2. Build a team of awesome support staff.
  3. Continue improving my workflows in Smokeball based on input from my future new team.
  4. Document systems to help my team work efficiently (smarter not harder!).
  5. Continue improving my intake process and use of Lawmatics.
  6. Gross revenue goal = $400,000.
Userlevel 2

@COBOOTH @Stephen @apage @Kel @ebuckland @Carver Lawyers @Sheldon @Andrew Capelin @Sarah_CL 

Do you have any goals for you or your firm for this year? I’d love to hear what some of our Aussie firms have planned for 2023.

Userlevel 2

Wow @VRose you are unbelievably organized.  My goal for 2023 is to be as well organized as you are!!!! 

@VRose let me know how I can help - firm insights, reports… I even have an idea for teambuilding. I wanted to create a Smokeball Challenge, my thought was to have fun but also reinforce SB usage and knowledge. But happy to help with these goals anyway I can. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@VRose let me know how I can help - firm insights, reports… I even have an idea for teambuilding. I wanted to create a Smokeball Challenge, my thought was to have fun but also reinforce SB usage and knowledge. But happy to help with these goals anyway I can. 

Yes, please!!  I would love to hear your idea for teambuilding through a Smokeball Challenge!

Userlevel 2

@vrose In my mind it was a either a team or individual challenge. I wanted to combine firm processes within Smokeball using its features to create different challenges and perhaps include office processes like preparing a subpoena packet. I wanted a way to make it more fun/entertaining to visit how things were done and talk through the processes. I’ll flesh out some ideas and send them to you and we can always set up a call.