News

What's New: Client & Matter Intake and Cloud-based Companion App

Related: Billing & Trust Accounting Matter Management
What's New: Client & Matter Intake and Cloud-based Companion App

We're thrilled to share three new features: revolutionary lead and matter intake, plus Smokeball’s cloud-based companion app. These have been some of our most highly requested features, and we’re excited that they’ll help you work faster, reduce errors, deliver a better client experience, and bring in more business.

Watch the video to see them in action and read below for all the details.   

LeadPro: These branded client intake forms embed on your website and socials to help you seamlessly capture and review new leads. Watch how to customize these forms and learn more here.  

MatterFlow: With these practice area-specific matter forms, you’ll get the client information you need faster and automatically synced to the matter in Smokeball. Discover how and learn more about this powerful feature

Cloud-based Companion App: Our billing app has had a refresh and now includes tons more information so you can keep your matters moving from any place, on any device. See how and log in now. 

Share your feedback and ask questions below 

We hope these updates bring even more value to your Smokeball experience, and we’d love your feedback! Please drop any thoughts or questions in the comments below. 

Hi, is there a list of matter type intake forms created? Thank you.

Hi @philw We can absolutely share that with you. 

What state are you located and what practice areas does your firm do? Thank you.

Tagging my colleague @Hannah into this also.

Form builder / customization for leads in video at 7:06.

Users: Only custom forms the firm creates can be customized and the buttons to do so or not highly obvious. See three buttons at right of image below.

@adeleh thanks to you and SB for developing this new feature and rolling it out. I noticed that when previewing ​SB’s created forms there is the possibility of multiple pages (“Sections”) within the form. However, when clicking next, you cannot progress the preview because there are unanswered fields. I assume this is a design error in bringing the normal user experience filling the field into the preview. Example is below:

​​​​​​

Hi @philw We can absolutely share that with you. 

What state are you located and what practice areas does your firm do? Thank you.

Tagging my colleague @Hannah into this also.

Hi, I am in Florida and practice personal injury. Separate intakes for motor vehicle crashes and premises liability cases would be amazing! Thank you!

Thanks for your feedback @JKibler 
What you see today is our first iteration and we are improving every day.

The first item you mention, we are building out further so this feedback is helpful.
The second item, we will allow you to bypass the required fields on preview - this is currently in the works.

Any other feedback feel free to reach out to myself or my colleague @Hannah direct.

Thanks

Adele

Where are these intake forms? I’m looking for a determination of heirship intake form.

Hi @MeganRogers We do not have a full coverage of Intake forms for all states and practice areas just yet, we are adding new ones all the time based on the largest volume of usage across our client base.

I will let the team know about your specific request. Thank you!

@Hannah 

Thanks SB team for having the intake forms.

They are way too limited to be helpful at the moment. For example, we mainly deal with companies and the intake forms do not allow us to capture all the information that we would like to with respect to the companies, their directors or the billing contacts.

The fields are already available on SB, it would be really helpful if users can just generate our own forms. 

Many thanks and look forward to more flexible intake forms. 

Is there a way to use a form for one practice area in another practice area? For instance, there is a Criminal Misdemeanor form available, but not one for Traffic, can I somehow use the Misdemeanor form for a case entered into Smokeball as Traffic?

Thanks for your feedback @x.liu We are developing a MatterFlow specific form builder with more fields and functionality. We will keep you informed when this is ready for beta clients and reach out to you then for further feedback.

Hi @lib Each form is matter type specific as we have different data fields available on each therefore you are unable to access these forms from different matter types. The team are taking feedback on the most used practice areas and will continue to add more forms each week and month. Thank you for this feedback, it definitely helps with our prioritisation.

Dear @adeleh - Thank you for creating Intake form and Matter flow. Better to have all the features in one bundle rather than using other applications (ie; salesforce, jotforms etc) to capture leads and follow ups. 

I have two questions regarding lead intake form.

1. I noticed SB lead intake forms doesn’t have “Conditional Logic” set up. For example, If I create a Yes or No question, then depending on the answer of the question, I want lead intake to different action.

For Example:

Q: Did you have a motor vehicle accident?

Ans: Yes (if lead clicks yes than take them to next question)

Ans: No (if lead clicks no, then I don’t want them to complete the rest of the form and rather give them a different response: ie; “Based on your answers, it doesn't seem you are eligible to claim compensation”

Can you please confirm if I can do above in SB? If so then please let me know how. 

1. Does intake form or Matterflow have any options where client can upload documents? 

For example, if I have a lead intake form for Immigration matters then I would preferably request them to upload their CV or current visa letter etc. Is that currently possible with SB lead intake and/or with matter flow? If so then please let me know.

Kind regards
Owais

Hi @Owais 

You will see from our Form Builder that we have exposed some options like; mapped fields, single & multi-line text questions, single & multi-choice questions, paragraphs and sections. We are busily working away adding all of the other field types and logic that you can see in our MatterFlow forms, into our client facing Intake Form Builder. You will see new options being added over the coming weeks and months so that all Smokeball users can have full control over their LeadPro & MatterFlow intake forms.

In regards to your 2 specific queries, we have conditional logic built into our MatterFlow forms however we have not yet exposed that functionality into the Form Builder as yet, we are actively designing it ready for engineers to pick up in the coming weeks.

Regarding the 2nd item, we do have a file upload field type available in some of our MatterFlow forms and we are in the process of adding that into our Form Builder as we speak.

In addition to File upload and conditional logic, other types of fields/questions that we will be adding are; Dates, Addresses, Phone, Yes/No, Currency, Repeatable sections, Form duplication, amongst other exciting things. Keep an eye on the Community for further updates.

Thanks, Adele

Will Smokeball announce when new features are available? I’d like to customize my lead forms, but at this time, the templates do not offer the mapping that I want.

Hi @Funkytown We will absolutely keep the Community updated as we release new intake features!

Have you taken a look at our form builder? What mapped fields are you hoping to add?

Hello, 

Is there a way to print the completed intake and/or matter flow forms?  We have some attorneys that are pretty set in their ways and the ability to print out the completed forms for them to review would be helpful. I am hoping there is a way and I am just missing it. Thanks.