Workflow to Stage

• 20 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to apply a different workflow to each individual matter stage. Is this possible? For instance, Intake stage would get an intake workflow, when moved to next stage, next stage would get the next stage’s workflow.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Harley,

Have you submitted this yet as a feature suggestion?

How are you currently doing workflows? Are you basing tasks off the completion of prior tasks and or critical dates? A lot of the time, critical dates line up with some of those matter stages and can currently be used. We would love to go over it in a training session to see if we can further maximize it.

Or, have you checked out our Law Toolbox Court Rules integration? 

Userlevel 1

It hasn’t been utilized to it’s full extent until recently with me joining the firm. While critical dates do line up, it would be easier and more efficient if I could assign a workflow based upon the matter stage. It would also aid in training staff and avoiding tasks not getting completed because a previous task was never finished. I am more than happy to discuss with someone to figure it out or submit as a suggestion.

I would be interested in this function as well!

Userlevel 2

I would also be interested in this function and have previously submitted it as a feature suggestion. I would like to see workflows be able to be applied to matter stages in the same manner an automatic Message can be. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Applying a workflow when you move the matter to a stage would be AWESOME!  Sometimes you skips stages if it’s not needed, but the workflow that has all the tasks doesn’t know that, so you have to check off tasks that you really didn’t do.  You can’t delete the task because it won’t trigger the next step in the workflow.

Userlevel 2

I was thinking of separate workflows per stage that are activated by choice when the matter stage is clicked. I would love a way to remove or bypass remaining steps in a workflow that are not or are no longer necessary in a given scenario other than selecting all and delete or clicking through individual tasks.