Solved

Voice memos in smokeball?

• 11 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to record a voice memo / task in Smokeball? And if so, can I do this from the mobile phone app?

I have come from using LEAP and being able to integrate a voice recording to the file and as a task is immensely helpful.

Thanks

Nickie

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 13 December 2022, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Nick,

You can absolutely use voice to text through your phone for both tasks and memos.  If you have speech to text capabilities on your computer, you can do this there as well.

As far as just a voice message file, you can upload any file type to Smokeball, but there are no built in recording options.   You are able to attach files to tasks on the desktop version of Smokeball, but you are unable to attach files to tasks from the mobile app currently.  Memos cannot have files attached, but you can create a task with both the memo and the voice file if you like.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I have these assumptions:

1. Smokeball is compatible only with windows;
  2. Our entire profession has a microphone on their PC if for no other reason than due to COVID zoom/web conference adoption.

If using a windows PC I suggest using [Win key] + [H] to open a speech to text interface to record your messages. For me, I would rather have text as it is machine searchable if necessary. Also, you can put the text were you need it i.e. a memo or email rather than simply saving an audio file.

Userlevel 4

I was unaware of the simplicity of the  [Win key] + [H] option. Just tested it and it works brilliantly within Smokeball.

Thanks @JKibler!