Skip to main content
Solved

Turn off Autodate function

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to turn off the auto date function in final letters and documents so that the date does not change to the current date whenever you open it?

So once you have completed the final letter/document and you save it, it locks that date.??

Hello Linda,

There are many different date fields available, but the two most common are “today” and “document creation date”.  You want to make sure that you are using the “document creation date” field so that the date does not update each time you open the document.  The “today” field will update the date to today’s date every time you open a document.

Thank you Sara.  I am using the precedents that Smokeball has created,  How do i change EVERY precedent to the “creation date”?  I know in LEAP there was an override button.  

Thank you Sara.  I am using the precedents that Smokeball has created,  How do i change EVERY precedent to the “creation date”?  I know in LEAP there was an override button.  

Thank you for letting me know the issue is with our precedents.  Can you tell me a few of the precedents that you are using so that I can have our team look into it?