Question

Thanks! - now we can mark invoices as sent by snail mail, but where's the send preference?

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Frequent Scribe
  • 53 replies

Thanks to SB for adding a long-requested upgrade to invoicing, that we can now mark invoices as being sent by regular ol’ USPS.  We’re very happy to see that!  We need to dive into the other batch of upgrades released this month…

Perhaps related to this upgrade, I also see there is an invoicing filter tied to a client’s “send preference.”  (Was this there all the time?  I don’t think so…, but maybe I’m wrong, who can keep up?)  

Anyway, where in the client’s information can we establish the send preference?  I assumed the “billing tab” under the Info section of a matter, but didn’t see it there.  Anyone know?

Thanks again!

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!  We’re really excited for this feature that allows you to manage your billing communication preferences. 

To mark a matter’s billing communication preference go to the matter in the web.  Once there click on Edit Matter > Communication > Document Sending Preference.  Once this is saved you’ll be able to use the filter on the global Invoices screen to manage sending your invoices out better.

Please also be sure to check out the communication history of a matter’s invoices, reminders, and deposit requests on the matter’s transaction tab or the past 90 days on the global accounts tab.

Best, 
Chad Holaway

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the reply Chad.  Appreciate it.

On the process for ID’ing which clients want emailed invoices versus USPS invoices, is there an option that would be accessible and intuitive for our intake coordinator (and others) who don’t have access to SB Billing?

Seems like a choice could/should be made in Matter details/Info/Billing tab as crudely illustrated below:

Userlevel 2

@JG3 I would also like to see this feature connected back to the desktop module somewhere!