Solved

Task Categories

• 24 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I came to my law firm as a CRM junkie and, bless my coworkers’ hearts, they are not CRM junkies. They are attorneys and business managers and support staff. The task categories that they’ve created and continue to create are a mess. My question is two-fold:

1. Is there a way to edit, especially delete, task categories? If so, step-by-step instructions would be much appreciated.
  2. Is there a way to “lock down” this function so that only a super admin will have the ability to create task categories? If so, again, step-by-step instructions would be much appreciated.

Finally, if either question’s answer is no, where can I go to propose the update to Smokeball?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by JKibler 26 March 2024, 16:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@ShelliS no and no. IMO what you propose is a needed feature together with visibility of available tags, the ability to task clients, and the ability to add task lists tags and assignees to documents using automated fields.

I think SB is aware of user interest in improvements to tasks but I have no information that these things are on a roadmap for development.

Feature requests can be submitted at: https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000019333. Once submitted typically the request will be forwarded to your client account representative who will format it, clarify it, and submit it to a SB internal tracking database.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @ShelliS 

To clarify what Jonathan said, you can Delete task categories, but there is not a way to edit.  He is correct on the rest.