Skip to main content
Question

Supplemental Discovery

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m relatively new to Smokeball and just found the Discovery Details option that provides you a discovery deadline on your dashboard. Super cool!

How do you all log your supplemental responses to discovery? As a new line? Add notes? Change the original answer date? 

Thanks,
Sandy Kozero
San Antonio, Texas

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I am interested to find out if anybody uses this feature effectively.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@maggiechristiansen @tbriddes @MichaelB @UDA @Ravyn @WLG23 @Wendy Schultz @Mariah @KMSTEEL I believe your firms have used the Discovery Details layout.  Any feedback for Sandy and Alan?

I haven’t used the document production function under Discovery Details, as I primarily use it for the subpoena tab.  However, IF I was going to use it for Sup Resp to RTPs, I would either add a new line, using the initial requested date to track which RTP you were responding to (of course, that would make it look past due) or I would put the Sup date in the notes section of the original request.  It depends how your firm construes deadlines and/or measures productivity.

In documents, we have a folder for RTPs/RRTPs, so it’s easier for us to just see them there, since we don’t typically get more than a couple per case.  I agree it’s a good feature, we just haven’t used it for production responses to date.

Please excuse my shorthand/abbreviations.