Stamps.com

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Has anyone submitted a request for there to be a stamps.com add-on/plug-in for Smokeball? If not, for those using Stamps.com, have you found a good way to integrate the address books and/or billing?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello Heather,

I remember some other firms asking about this some years ago, but I cannot recall which ones.  If you have not already put in a feature suggestion, please do so here.  I am not familiar with Stamps.com, but depending on what information they need, and what format, we may be able to easily get that from Smokeball.

@jsalter314@magort , @JamieJones , @JamieRoth , @Jacqueline Mellenthin , @amandaharper , @Stephanie Baumgartner , @Delmy Perez , @DelFoster , @atharkhan , @CarsenTazi , @VRose , @SallyBergman , @JKibler , @ArmstrongEA , @Noah Naparsteck , @LaurenAcquaviva  do any of you have experience with Stamps.com to share with Heather?

Userlevel 2

I respond here as a very low volume snail mail user, but as one where occasionally it is still required. As much as I would like to see the ability to auto sync contact data between SB and stamps.com, I can’t see, nor do i expect to see, that happen any time soon.  

I’ve used stamps/endicia and its many iterations for several years. Without detailing all the issues, i think it’s a waste of time for SB to try to make it work with stamps/endicia as stamps/endicia is likely to only again change/reiterate their app that then requires SB to reprogram, again, again , and again.

Many ways SB can evolve and grow to better serve its users. I don’t think this is one of them.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Heather,

@jsalter314@magort , @JamieJones , @JamieRoth , @Jacqueline Mellenthin , @amandaharper , @Stephanie Baumgartner , @Delmy Perez , @DelFoster , @atharkhan , @CarsenTazi , @VRose , @SallyBergman , @JKibler , @ArmstrongEA , @Noah Naparsteck , @LaurenAcquaviva  do any of you have experience with Stamps.com to share with Heather?

@Sara Sultan I have used stamps.com for several years. While I am admittedly a low voument user like @SallyBergman I agree that mail standards are rapidly evolving. Stamps.com’s software (both online and desktop)  may be a difficult integration.