Solved

Share A File Folder

• 15 July 2022
  • 5 replies

We often share documents with opposing counsel and clients and like to do so securely. Is there some way to share a file folder? I cannot find a way to do it - only to share the files/documents themselves.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dean Moutopoulos 19 July 2022, 03:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi David,

You can share compressed Zip folders securely through Communicate. The recipient can then download the zip folder which will contain all the documents!

If your documents are already imported in Smokeball, then you will need to export the folder from the matter, compress the folder into Zip format and then import the Zip folder into the matter.

Userlevel 6

@David7700 I have also flagged this one with @Ben.Enviah who is the Product Manager for Communicate, he’s off on leave at the moment so it might take a little while to get a response from him. 

Hi David,

You can share compressed Zip folders securely through Communicate. The recipient can then download the zip folder which will contain all the documents!

If your documents are already imported in Smokeball, then you will need to export the folder from the matter, compress the folder into Zip format and then import the Zip folder into the matter.t int eh end - just takes time instead of saving it and not as easy as our previous software

We did end up figuring that out, but did not save time as compared to our previous software

@David7700 I have also flagged this one with @Ben.Enviah who is the Product Manager for Communicate, he’s off on leave at the moment so it might take a little while to get a response from him. 

Appreciate that

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Doesn’t this also require the recipient to log in/create a Communicate portal? Not too big of a deal to push clients, but it’s harder to convince attorneys & other law firms.

They typically want an email zip, Google Drive, or Dropbox share and I have to create files, add & communicate passwords, etc. that then have to be monitored…