Solved

PRoblems updating Communicate App and question about SMS

• 24 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Every time I open the Communicate app on my phone, it tells me that a new version of the app is available.  I click “update” and it just takes me back to the app store and gives me the choice to open the app, which takes me back to the same place.  Does anyone know another way to update?

Also, if a person sends  you an SMS in Communicate, does your response automatically go back to their SMS, or do you have to toggle the SMS button on every response to have it go to as SMS rather than email?

icon

Best answer by JKibler 25 April 2023, 05:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Jillybeanstl - Communicate is buggy at times but it gets the job done. I have the same issues you describe on my iPhone. I forceclose the app by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and then swiping up on the communicate app. Open Communicate again and it works. I have to do this at least every other time I use it but its an easy fix and I hardly notice - the time is worth the utility of using communicate generally and out of office for me.

I don’t know about your SMS question. Regards.

Thanks.  I have tried this.  Every time I open the app, it says “A new version of this app is available.”  I hit “update” and it just goes back to the app store and prompts me to open the app.  

Wondering if there is another way to update the app.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still have the same problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Jill,

Please reach out to our tech support for the app updating issues.  You can submit a ticket here.

As for SMS, you will need to toggle on SMS each time you send to the client.  Please put in a feature suggestion for Smokeball to remember the setting per conversation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Userlevel 6

@JKibler you are too fast! 

Thanks to @Ben.Enviah , @Josh Park and many more I believe the update issue should be resolved. Please update your app (for real this time).

Let me know if the issue persists. 

As for having to re-toggle the SMS, I am not sure where we are up to. I’ll go check in with the team and circle back. Flagging that this part of the feedback may take a little longer to action. 

Thanks again @Jillybeanstl and @JKibler and bear with us as we continue to work away at improving Smokeball for you :)