Solved

Pleadings Index

• 25 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to print or create a table from the list of documents in a folder.  We have a Pleadings folder and am looking for a way to create a Pleadings Index. 

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 25 August 2023, 16:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@taniatuttle what I would do is use the create multiple file pdf table of contents as a workaround.

First rename all of the documents as you want them to appear in your table i.e. “2023.08.25 - Complaint”. Then create select all documents you want to be in your table. Right click your selected documents. Select option “create multiple file pdf”. Select the option to create a table of contents and select the option to create bookmarks. The table of contents can serve as your pleadings index and the entries in the table will hyperlink to each page. A downside to this approach is that you would have to separate out the table of contents if you only want the table and no documents.

@Sara Sultan - What if SB added an option to only generate the table of contents from the documents and not to append the documents themselves? Or, what about generating a standalone TOC in DOCX so that users could manipulate it such as by adding extra columns as in an exhibit list? I previously submitted a request for exhibit list features which bears some similarity to this use case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Jonathan,

We are actually actively working on feature to allow this.  No timeline on release, but we are aware it would be a great feature to add!