Solved

PDF/VOIP Fax

• 6 February 2024
  • 6 replies

We have Ooma as a phone/fax service. To send a fax, we drag a PDF into the application. We cannot drag a PDF from SB into the application as it says it doesn’t recognize it as a PDF. So currently, we have to save the PDF to a temporary file and then drag and drop it into the fax application. Is there a quicker way to do this from within SB? Can anyone tell us why the PDF isn’t recognized as a PDF when we try to drag it out from SB?

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 6 February 2024, 21:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @KVendit ,

You can use our Smokeball Print to PDF feature to save right to Smokeball.

I have used that feature to save docs/PDF’s/webpages, etc. to SB.  What I need to do is to take a PDF that is already saved in a SB matter and drop it into the fax application. But was wondering if there is a way to drag PDF’s out of SB. And if not, why?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@KVendit - no, you cannot drag a file out of Smokeball and drop it into another application.

Userlevel 2

Hi @KVendit,

I've passed this on to the Product team as a feature request for you. The bad news is that this is a feature that is unlikely to be shipped in the near future, my apologies. The good news is that there are a few simple ways to get around this limitation with an extra mouse click- or two.

If none of these options are suitable then I'd love to get a bit more detail from you around the parts of your work where you need to send faxes so that we can take a closer look at options 🙂.

Thank you for the added ways to work around this issue. I also figured out two additional ways to do it:

• Send the PDF to a blank email and drag it from the email to the fax application.
  • Use the Publish Online feature and drag the PDF from the Lodgements folder to the fax application. 

I know it’s just simply a few extra steps to accomplish this task, but it would be nice to be able to just drag PDFs from within SB.

We use Ooma Office phone service. Perhaps an integration with their application? 

Userlevel 6

A great suggestion @KVendit!

@Emma and @ChelseyLambert tagging you in this conversation so you can potentially take a look at the request for an integration with Ooma office and the use case that @KVendit has for it :)