Solved

Payment plans- failed payment

• 17 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello! I recently started setting up payment plans on smokeball billing for the contacts. So far, I have set up maybe 3. I was reviewing one particular contact and notice that a payment had failed for a past month (November) . I did not get an email notifying me of the failed payment. Does anyone know if there is a setting where I can get an email with the details of failed payments for scheduled payment plans? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ben 20 February 2023, 23:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello Esther,

There is no setting in Smokeball Billing that will alert you to a failed payment.  There may be a setting in LawPay, but I am not sure of that.  

I do think it would be nice to be notified of failed payment plan payments in Smokeball Billing as well though.  Please put in a feature suggestion for this here.

Userlevel 2
Badge

LawPay is has been set up to notify me of every payment and failed payment made. I would have assumed that since that is the case, LawPay would have notified me of the past failed payments; but, it did not. 

The only difference I see is that I have created a payment plan in the smokeball “world” and for some reason it did not and has not notified me of the failed payments. It makes me wonder if the payment failed because of a smokeball technicality or glitch.

I do not see those failed payments or attempted payments in my LawPay transaction history. That is why I am wondering if this issue is in smokeball. Any help/tips/ suggestions are necessary. I want to use smokeball to its full potential but I don’t want to rely too much if there are issues or glitches that still need to be fixed.

Userlevel 6

Hi @etorres this doesn’t sound quite right. I checked in with @DebraL - (who had already reached out before I even started typing!) and the Billing team here. I also made a ticket for you in our support system. I don’t have a timeline yet for when someone can take a look but I’ll circle back here when I do if someone doesn’t beat me to it.