Skip to main content
Solved

Non-staff user and Communicate

• 20 August 2022
  • 5 replies

We just added a new staff member, who starts Monday.  I will be gone on Monday and was hoping he could get off the ground.  We’ve been trying to get things set up this weekend, but he does not show up on the list of staff in Communicate for us to add him to channels, message him, etc. 

He is definitely registered as a Smokeball user and logged in. When he clicks over to the Communicate tab in the program, though, it displays a message saying, “Communicate is not available to non-staff users.”

Huh? We’ve never had to deal with this when adding staff before. If anyone has stumbled across this, how do I navigate past it?  I see absolutely nothing in the user setup where I can configure this. Nothing is mentioned on the Smokeball help site, and support is closed over the weekend, so I am reaching out to the community...

Hi @Chuck,

Can you confirm that the user appears in Smokeball's Staff & Users list? 
The Staff & Users list can be accessed by going to “File >Smokeball Settings> Staff & Users”

If they are not on that list they will first need to be added. 

Yes, he is on the staff and user’s list, but when I click over to the permissions tab, he is not there.

@Chuck Please see private message. 

@Chuck, this should be working now. 

Thanks for the help...whatever you did, it worked.