Make the MEMO tab a different color if there are memos entered.

• 2 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

It would be appreciated if the MEMO tab became a different color once a memo has been saved. We use memos as a way to leave helpful notes for whoever looks at the matter next. Often, some of our staff will not realize there is a memo as they dont check the memo tab. There needs to be some sort of notification to make whoever is looking at the matter aware that there is a memo saved to that matter. I recommend just making the MEMO tab a different color. See image attached below.  

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Jake,

Great suggestion. Would you want it to be a number and red possibly like the new communicate message tab? If you haven’t already submitted it as a feature suggestion, please do. 

Submit a request – Smokeball Support Hub

Userlevel 2

Yes, that would be fine. Anything that clearly indicates there is a memo in the matter. 

We would definitely agree that this should be a feature. We have some people using memos and others not, so any way of immediately seeing that there are memos available to read would be great. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This request kind of dovetails with a feature request I submitted for task visibility with my representative on 3/21/2023:

Problem: When in a matter you cannot see whether there are additional tasks due without navigating to the task pane and reviewing each category such as all or waiting for due date (which are separate categories). This is a bit cumbersome especially if you have many matters or high volume practice areas. It is easy to overlook tasks when closing matters and then they hang out there on your task list.

Solution: Include a notification or visible UX feature (as with communicate new messages) beside the tasks tab showing number of tasks due or, include this in the “Next Step” widget. There is space beside the “Next Step” title or beside the “Save” button if no next step task is selected. In a sense, the “select existing task” link can be used to see whether there are any tasks because it does not appear if no tasks are present. However, this is not readily apparent if you do not know how this feature works and it is easy to overlook.

@zac.meyer is it possible to relate these feature requests to each other in case that is useful?

Sincerely,

Jonathan Kibler

Userlevel 6

Not quite yet @JKibler but this is absolutely on our radar and there’s some good analysis of our feedback data happening behind the scenes. 

Userlevel 6

I also hope to set up a feature request and voting system here in the community which will let everyone see suggestions, vote on the ones that matter and share feedback and additional ideas related to the requests. 

This is at least 4 months away though.