Solved

Lost Forms

• 19 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Good morning. I am a newbie to Smokeball and like it so far. But I have just created a few forms and have found only one. The other two are missing. Is there a way to search for forms? I feel so stupid. :(

icon

Best answer by emily142 19 October 2023, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Oh no Tracy, don’t feel that way. Thank you for posting in the community!!!

If you created the forms in the Forms and Templates Library, you can search for them. Go into any matter, and click on your forms and templates library action button. You can search forms from here:

If you created a form from the library and saved it to a matter, and cannot find the form saved to the matter, your matters have a search field as well:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@TracyLeigh if you created a form template in the forms library and then could not find it you might check to make sure that you are viewing the correct folder in your forms library. I have repeatedly experienced UX error where on form template creation when you return to the form library view your view is changed by SB to a different folder than the one you saved the form to. I believe this error is consistent and reproducible. 

Userlevel 1

If you created the forms in the Forms and Templates Library, you can search for them. Go into any matter, and click on your forms and templates library action button. You can search forms from here:

If you created a form from the library and saved it to a matter, and cannot find the form saved to the matter, your matters have a search field as well:

Thank you so much for the encouragement and info. I’ve been using Smokeball for less than a month but this is the first thing I’ve run into that I’m having trouble grasping for some reason. REALLY appreciate the help!

Userlevel 1

@TracyLeigh if you created a form template in the forms library and then could not find it you might check to make sure that you are viewing the correct folder in your forms library. I have repeatedly experienced UX error where on form template creation when you return to the form library view your view is changed by SB to a different folder than the one you saved the form to. I believe this error is consistent and reproducible. 

Thank you, JKibler. I got one saved. I have an idea how to prevent this in the future. Appreciate your input very much.