Question

Inserting field codes in working documents

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’d like to be able to modify and insert client field codes in my Word documents without having to include them at the precedent level. I customise my precedent Wills and letters of advice significantly to be tailored to my client, and I am not finding this process as easy to do using Smokeball as it was with LEAP. Any suggestions other than manually rewriting everything?

TIA,

Claire Van Raay - Woolcock Lawyers

Victoria, Australia

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Claire,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We understand the importance of being able to modify and insert client field codes directly into your Word documents without needing to include them at the precedent level.

While our system may differ from what you're accustomed to with LEAP, there are ways to streamline the process and achieve the customization you desire. One option is to work with our training team, who can provide you with expert guidance on how to efficiently navigate Smokeball's features to tailor your documents to each client's needs.

I'll be happy to connect you with our training team to schedule a session at your convenience. I have forwarded this to our Training Team via ticket, and they will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Smokeball as your legal software solution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Claire Van Raay if I understand you correctly, you would like to be able to insert field codes as you are drafting documents “live” and not in the templates (“precedents” for us in the US). This is not possible but it might be an interesting feature.