Solved

How to stop double saving docs into SB

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a PA who often gets cc’d into emails, and we both save the email/any attachments into SB. We then send the documents to the client, and they are often saved again into the file. Is there any way to prevent documents/alerts that I can set to notify me if the document appears duplicated?

icon

Best answer by JKibler 14 January 2024, 21:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I submitted a feature request similar to this also as follows:

default-avatar-80.png

Jonathan C Kibler

Dec 20, 2023, 9:21AM CST

Request is to add a file de-duplication method to matter view. A mis-click can cause copying of files or simply messy file management when working on discovery etc. can lead to multiple copies of files. I would imagine this working by creating a list of all files, file names, creation/modified date, and file size. Then if there is more than one file which matches all criteria show user a list of those files in one viewing pane. User could select that file and in a second viewing pane (like the view when creating multiple file pdf) the user could see each location where the duplicated file is stored, select duplicated files, and select delete to "delete" them.

This would be very helpful.  The duplicate emails make the files very messy to navigate.