Solved

How are you managing information in civil cases concerning a client's bankruptcy filings?

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

For those of you handling civil litigation where your Plaintiff seeks bankruptcy protection, how are you managing filings and related information in your civil matter? Do you set up a separate matter for the bankruptcy or do you integrate the information into your existing civil matter (and if so, how do you input information like the trustee’s name/contact information, case number, etc.)?

icon

Best answer by magort 5 January 2024, 19:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Heather,

We recommend a separate matter to track the case number and other information related to the bankruptcy.  I am going to see if @Hannah has any interest in reaching out to you regarding handling related matters in Smokeball as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Sara Sultan!  I have set up a separate matter and used a tag in the civil case to let me know there is a related bankruptcy matter. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@HNLeonard I create a separate matter for the bankruptcy filing. If an adversary proceeding is filed, I create that as a separate matter as well.