Solved

Family Law Financial Disclosure - How long does it take?

• 18 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Smokeball Team
  • 14 replies

How long (on average) do you spend following up your client to send through statements and other information for financial disclosure? Have you used any software to help with this?

icon

Best answer by Amanda_Stinson 18 October 2022, 04:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

@kateryna.espino, @Amanda_Stinson@bonnie_esposito, @ebuckland , @RosaWLC , @Fpanetta, @Leonie@michellemoloney, @Elspeth Finney, @Meg.Kinlawyers , @hong , @Arbon Legal , @Abolog, @Claudia . 

Please forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think many of you are in the family law space and some of you offer pro bono services as well (shoutout to the WLC! You’re all amazing!). 

I’d love to know if this is a big pain point for you or not much of an issue.  A penny for your thoughts? 

Yes, financial disclosure is often a big investment in time for us. 

We have definitely increased efficiency since moving to Family Property about 18 months ago, and using their Ilion Bank Statements integration. 

Recently, another firm provided the OP’s disclosure through a software called Law Connect, which was a bit tricky. Definitely not user friendly unfortunately. Sometimes sorting through the OP’s disclosure is the more time intensive process!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @Amanda_Stinson - if you had to put an average amount of time on it in hours? How long do you think it would take to get everything you need for financial disclosure from your client without using illion BankStatements? How much time are you saving now that you use illion BankStatements?