Solved

Documenting client preferences for document & invoice sharing - email or regular mail

• 24 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Frequent Scribe
  • 53 replies

Hello all.  Like at your firm, some of our clients prefer things via email, some by regular mail.  I checked with Smokeball experts, but there’s no data field to indicate as such, so we are just modifying the internal reference number with an “E” or an “M” as a quick way to separate the two camps.  

Have any of you come up with something perhaps easier to implement and sort (esp for batch invoicing)?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 24 March 2023, 15:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi John,

Your current workaround is what we recommend currently.  I am guessing that you have already placed a feature suggestion with us to be able to track this information in Smokeball Billing.  However, if you have not, please do so here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Sara Sultan - the tracking of feature suggestions being opaque to users, I’ll throw my two cents in with you.

What if contact methods could be coded or highlighted a certain color in the contact for negative (red), positive (green), neutral (yellow), and special instructions (cyan)? Then when a non-preferred method is selected for an addressee Smokeball could provide a helpful popup (“Are you sure…[Addressee] prefers contact by _______”).

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I do like this Jonathan, but we need to also have a visual cue other than color for our color-blind users.  Maybe some kind of icon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Sara Sultan. I had not conceived of that issue - it made for an interesting google. It could also affect other use of color in Smokeball/billing. Apparently very few people suffer from monochromacy - I wonder if there is a threshold for designing for different abilities? If user info could have selection for types (Deuteranomaly, Protanomaly, Protanopia, deuteranopia, Tritanomaly, Tritanopia) you could adjust color pallettes / schemes for that user. Thanks for helping me learn something new today.