Solved

Do you use the RingCentral integration?

• 7 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I am re-evaluating our VOIP provider. I am aware that Smokeball provides a RingCentral integration. However the support article suggests that there may be some downsides to this offering for us. If you use the RingCentral / Smokeball integration can you tell me:

1. Are phone calls initiated from a traditional VOIP handset (as opposed to RingCentral Cell Phone App or Desktop Ringcentral click-to-call solutions) tracked to Smokeball?
  2. If you receive a phone call how do you associate it to a matter? If you initiate a phone call from a hand set then can you associate it to a matter?
  3. Are internal phone calls between RingCentral/smokeball users tracked? Example: Attorney conference calls staff for 5-10 minutes to discuss work to be performed on case.
  4. Is there a method to report phone call volume and time by user which are not tracked to matters? Billable v. non-billable phone calls? Phone calls tracked to leads?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Emma 7 November 2022, 23:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Love this post @JKibler !  Just to let you know, we now also integrate with Zoom phone as well.

@apolizzi @KatStapleton can you help give Jonathan some feedback? 

Userlevel 2

Hi…. Is integration with Zoom phone or Ring Central available for Australian SB users?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @COBOOTH ,

Zoom phone is available in Australia!  See this link for information on Zoom phone for Australia.

Userlevel 2

Many thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry @COBOOTH - I know this is a late response, but in case you were wondering RingCentral is also available for Australian practitioners to use with Smokeball!

Userlevel 2

I am re-evaluating our VOIP provider. I am aware that Smokeball provides a RingCentral integration. However the support article suggests that there may be some downsides to this offering for us. If you use the RingCentral / Smokeball integration can you tell me:

1. Are phone calls initiated from a traditional VOIP handset (as opposed to RingCentral Cell Phone App or Desktop Ringcentral click-to-call solutions) tracked to Smokeball?
  2. If you receive a phone call how do you associate it to a matter? If you initiate a phone call from a hand set then can you associate it to a matter?
  3. Are internal phone calls between RingCentral/smokeball users tracked? Example: Attorney conference calls staff for 5-10 minutes to discuss work to be performed on case.
  4. Is there a method to report phone call volume and time by user which are not tracked to matters? Billable v. non-billable phone calls? Phone calls tracked to leads?

Thank you.

@JKibler - Did you get an answer to your question? We are looking into Ringcentral (we use Yealink headset via 3CX currently, but I’m keen to shift to a system which fully integrates with Smokeball so all phone calls via VOIP and business mobile (cell) phones are captured. I’m assuming (!?) that so long as a call originates from the various matter (ie a billable or non-billable matter), that the time for any call will be appropriately recorded [and any call made outside of that would sit in unassigned time, until it was assigned]. I couldn’t see any reply to your qu (but it could be I don’t know where to see them?) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@COBOOTH - I did not receive any responses to my questions.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @COBOOTH and @JKibler 

Here are answers to the questions in relation to RingCentral:

1. Smokeball’s integration is with RingCentral Phone. This is an application that is downloaded and installed on your computer. It is not a handset.
  2. Phone calls that are received and answered in RingCentral Phone app will be associated to a matter if the phone number matches a contact on a matter. i.e. if your client in relation to matter 123 calls you, then it will automatically create an Activity in Smokeball associated with that matter. On the flip side, if a contact calls you that is not related to a matter in Smokeball, an Activity will be automatically created in Smokeball, but it will not be associated with a matter. You will be able to manually associate the Activity to a Matter if applicable.
  3. Yes, all phone calls initiated or received in the RingCentral Phone app are automatically recorded in Smokeball.
  4. We do not have a report for this in Australia. @Sara Sultan might be better to find out if there is a report or the possibility to create a report for this in the US?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For number 4, there is not a report for this, but you can get this information using a custom task view to filter tasks only with the Ring Central category on them.  You can export the completed tasks to Excel and do some sorting magic there.  Smokeball is currently unable to create reports related to tasks due the incredible large number of tasks created across all firms.