Solved

Delete tasks and event?

• 9 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4

I settled a case last month. Now the case events (like the trial date and the case scheduling deadlines) are distracting and can cause confusion about my schedule.

The case remains active as we finalize various tasks before entry of final orders, so I don’t want to close and archive the file.

What’s the best practice for events on the calendar that appear to show I’m busy for a week when I am really free that week? I could delete - but that seems wrong. I could go through and note “cancel”, but that’s work.

What’s the best practice for all of the items on my to-do list? I could mark “complete” but that seems wrong.

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 12 October 2023, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Alan,

At the moment, we do recommend going onto the events tab on the matter and multi-selecting all remaining calendar events, right clicking and choosing to delete.  The other option is to go in and mark each one cancelled.  

I recommend putting in a feature suggestion here about a bulk cancel option for events.  Also, please explain why you prefer to not delete the events.

Userlevel 4

Thank you. I don’t delete information often. I use the “view history” features when we need to understand what happened (often months or years later). I use “delete” when an event was entered in error. If cancel or reschedule an appointment, I don’t delete the appointment. I add the words “cancelled” or “rescheduled” to the event and add the new date as a new event. I don’t know why I’d want to search for a trial date or trial-related task after a case has been settled, but I want more info about what happened - not less.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Alan,

Deleted events are hidden, but you can easily right click to show deleted events.  This way you can still track that they were there.  You can simply choose to leave the show deleted option on.  The events will appear greyed out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I submitted a feature request this week or last for a “cancel” event that will strike through the event on calendar and not produce it on global calendar. I requested to include a note regarding cancellation such as: opposing counsel’s return travel is delayed and they requested cancellation of deposition. This is different from delete with show events because it is often important for us attorneys to know when an event was cancelled and why. Delete should be saved for events that were incorrectly added to calendar. Bulk cancel would be a nice addition to this.