Skip to main content
Question

Client Portal Communicate

• 24 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello!  I am an estate planning attorney wishing to use the Client Portal to send executed documents to Clients.  I can create the initial message with the files for download through the portal.  The initial e-mail is then sent to the Client. 

However, if I add additional files, it does not send a new e-mail to the Client to let them know there are new files available for download.  Further, there is no function that I can see to send a ‘reminder’ e-mail to clients to download their documents.  

If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

Hi @orangeblossom,
To make things easier for clients, emails for subsequent messages sent via Communicate are only generated if the client hasn't accessed the Client Portal or viewed the message/files within 10 minutes. This helps prevent unnecessary emails and ensures a smoother experience after seeing the messages. 

Regarding a reminder message, this would need to be sent manually via the Message tab in Smokeball, just as you would send a standard message. However, I will raise the suggestion of adding a reminder message feature within the Client Portal interface as a future enhancement.

Thank you, 
Ben Enviah
Product Owner - Intake and Communicate