Solved

Choosing Parties

• 27 March 2023
  • 1 reply

• Contributor
  • 4 replies

How do I create a document where I can insert some but not all parties on a matter into a portion of the document? By way of example:

the undersigned will move this Court at the Courthouse located at 360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, on April 5, 2023, at 9:30 o’clock in the forenoon of that day, or as soon thereafter as counsel can be heard for an Order pursuant to CPLR § 3215 granting a default judgment against Defendants', I MAY NOT BE ENTERING A DEFAULT JUDGMENT AGAINST ALL DEFENDANTS. I MAY ONLY BE ASKING TO ENTER A DEFAULT AGAINST 2 OF 5 DEFENDANTS.  I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT DEFENDANTS I AM SEEKING TO ENTER DEFAULT JUDGMENT AGAINST.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by JKibler 28 March 2023, 03:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Joe see the following solution: Ask - Party Selection – Smokeball Support Hub. However, this will only do one selection at a time.

Alternatively, if you are doing sufficient volume with a pleading you could create a “Letter” which is actually your pleading. If you correctly insert the “addressee” information in the pleading, then you could use the “Blank Letter” button from within the matter, select the faux “letterhead”, select multiple defendants as addressees, and then select “Create one document per addressee” at the bottom left. This would generate a separate pleading for each Defendant in one operation.