Solved

Calendar tool with Stages & Tasks

• 13 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to use the calendar to set dates in a workflow for a task to happen? I know there are settings to have the date (30 days before etc) but I am looking for a specific date that is different for each client. IE: I can set a workflow to create a reminder task about the client taking the 2nd bankruptcy class, but I have to guess the amount of time versus just linking it to the calendar when it is due.

Additionally, will the calendar ever be linked to be able to use it in the Stages bar? If the calendar could “talk” with other options in the program that would make it so much easier to set up any reminders/tasks!

icon

Best answer by JKibler 14 February 2023, 21:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi There,

For what critical date are you looking for that you want to base a workflow task off that you want to keep track of in your matter? Have you placed a feature suggestion with it. 

Re Stages and the Calendar, how would you want it to work? Would it be once a certain critical calendar event date passed, the stage would move? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Teri I have noticed that what you have requested (links between tasks, calendaring of events, and stages) comes up frequently in various permutations. To my knowledge the answer is no.

If the issue is being notified of a reminder date for client bankruptcy class, then I suggest that you can work around this by using a task workflow to create tasks which trigger so many days after the proceeding task is marked complete. Something like:​​​​​​

1. Chapter 7 Petition Drafted. Due when: 3 days after Matter Opening.
  2. Debtor education class X. Due when: X days after Workflow dates: Chapter 7 Petition Drafted. Add a Reminder: All assignees 0 Working day(s) before (or after).

You can set reminders on tasks in workflows to trigger on the date selected by setting it to remind the assignee “0” working days before the date.

Yes! That is part of what we are trying to do as far as wanting the calendar to link to workflow and/or stages. I have played around with the workflow and set it (x) days out but it is not always the same amount of days with each filing, so I don’t want dates to be missed. If we had access to the calendar then the actual events would be able to be reminded of at the correct times. 

Thank you so much for the comment! Hopefully the calendar will be utilized a bit more in the features on matters in the future.