Solved

Billing - Sorting by Matter or Reference number

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been asking for years for the ability to sort time and expenses by Matter and now “Internal Reference.” You can sort time and expenses by just about everything else but not these. This would be a huge help when there is a lot of billing on a lot of matters in a single day. 

Any hope of this becoming a reality?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Roy Clifton 13 November 2023, 20:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there!

Thanks for the question and I have great news! That feature is actually going to become an option very soon as we launch update version 8.15! We just started rolling it out to beta testers and it should be launched generally within a month or so!

I also wanted to thank you for being one of the users to bring this to our attention! It’s feature suggestions and feedback like this that allow us to continue building our software for you all!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am a beta tester and just updated to 8.15 today and there did not appear to be a way to sort by matter. I will look again, but this is the first thing I look for when I update. 

Does auto time need to be run or does it sort pending entries as well?

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Within the desktop app on the Time & Expenses tab, there should now be an internal reference number column added for testers (try right-clicking on the column headers and checking to see if it’s an option that can be turned on).

If you’re not seeing it and you’re one of the beta testers feel free to submit a ticket to our support team to see if they can assist further.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great week!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I see the references numbers. they seem to be sorting automatically. If this is the case, perfect.

Thank you

Jim

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just wanted to follow up. The matters are not sorting automatically. Nor does there seem to be a way to sort them manually. The internal reference number addition is great, it really helps when I have more than one case with the same client, but the inability to sort my time entries by matter or reference number is frustrating, especially when I have several entries for the same matter in a single day. (Due to the nature of my practice, I can’t use a single entry with multiple items listed underneath, I need each billing entry to have its own line item.)

Thanks