How do I amend a Tax Invoice after it has been finalised

icon

Best answer by Jess 29 March 2023, 06:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thanks for your message.
There are a couple of options available.
When you open the the invoice to view it in Smokeball billing, you can select the “Edit” option, this will set the invoice back to draft & allow for editing.
You can also select the “Void” option, this will put all the fees & disbursements back to being unbilled & available for you to re-issue a new invoice. 

Please see screenshot below of the options when viewing an invoice in Smokeball billing.
Also a link to a support page with additional information on this subject. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jess 

https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-au/articles/5913434664471-How-to-Void-Edit-or-Waive-Invoices

Hi, when I open the Invoice i do not get the edit or Void options.

Only options are:

Add payment Email Download Waive Regenerate and Payment Detail,

Can you assist further?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Angelo,

Has the invoice had payments made against it?

You can Edit an invoice as long as it hasn’t yet had any payments made against it.

Once an invoice has payments made against it, we do lock the invoice down from editing so that all of the transactions add up and make sense, and so the invoice the customer has matches the one you have in Smokeball.

If you really need to, you can reverse the payments on the invoice to allow editing again, but just keep in mind that the reversal and reapplication of the payment will be tracked in your transactions table.

Did you want to increase or decrease the invoice amount?

If increase, I’d recommend creating a second invoice to add whatever was missed from the first invoice.

If you needed to decrease it, you could take the total payment for what your client owes, and then waive the rest of the invoice, or alternatively you could add Credit, which can then be applied to a future invoice.

Does that make sense, and does that help?

cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

Yes, I have added a payment.

I just need to correct an entry, I entered $63.21 for an item instead of $62.31 so I am out 90 cents.

I have amended an invoice in these circumstances before, someone called me and walked me through it.  I just can't remember how.

Should I request a support call?

Userlevel 2

Hi Angelo,

Our support team would be more than happy to walk you through this, I have also summarised the process in a message to you, which you can refer back to should you need to.

In addition to the option of editing this paid invoice, please note if its an ongoing matter, you can also add a credit to the matter for the 90 cents difference & take that credit off of your next invoice:

https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-au/articles/5911195504151-Create-and-apply-a-credit-note

Many thanks,

Jess