Solved

Automation client 1 or client 2

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to make it so our automated document can show an automation for either Client 1 or Client 2, rather than just one single client. I was wondering if there’s anyway I can insert an automation including this or possibility of clients, if that makes sense.

I have attached a photo below with the highlighted words being where I want to insert Client 1/Client 2. Hope you can help! 

icon

Best answer by JKibler 7 April 2023, 04:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes. It is possible although your statement of the problem “either client 1 or client 2” does not make clear your use case. For example, you could be seeking to select from one of multiple clients or include all clients.

You can simply use a client ALL type automation field for all of the parties.

Or, you can use conditional logic if there is more than one party to include scenarios for that number of parties. You will need to use IF, THEN, ELSE, END statements (see If/Then/Else Basics – Smokeball Support Hub). In a representative matter, add more than one party of the type desired (i.e. your Client 1, and Client 2) then add or edit a form. Add an IF THEN based on <<Client 2 Exists». The language for when Client 2 exists goes in the THEN portion. The language for Client 2 does not exist goes in the ELSE portion. I think you can also tick a box to do that in reverse.