Solved

Automation

• 18 March 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor
  • 4 replies

How do I take a word like “demand” and have it automatically make it plural?  For example, in the following document: 

1. PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that pursuant to CPLR §3120(a), Plaintiff, BILLY RAY VALENTINE demands that Defendants', RANDOLPH DUKE and MORTIMER DUKE permit Plaintiff to read the crop report before it is released on the day of trading. 

OR

1. PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that pursuant to CPLR §3120(a), Plaintiff, BILLY RAY VALENTINE demands that Defendant, RANDOLPH DUKE permit Plaintiff to read the crop report before it is released on the day of trading.

OR

1. PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that pursuant to CPLR §3120(a), Plaintiffs, BILLY RAY VALENTINE and LOUIS WINTHROP demands that Defendants, RANDOLPH DUKE and MORTIMER DUKE permit Plaintiff to read the crop report before it is released on the day of trading. 

OR

1. PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that pursuant to CPLR §3120(a), Plaintiffs, BILLY RAY VALENTINE and LOUIS WINTHROP demand that Defendant, RANDOLPH DUKE permit Plaintiff to read the crop report before it is released on the day of trading. 

In the above example, “demand” should be “demands” and “permit” and “permits” should change depending on number of parties and whether a party is a business entity, two individuals or one individual so as to be gramitcally correct.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by JKibler 18 March 2023, 19:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Joe 

I will refer to the below pictures as figures 1-4 in order starting with figure 1. Figure 1 is from the list of party automations (i.e. Client, Petitioner, Respondent etc.). Figure 2 is my test form with the “s” automations added before running the form. Figure 3 is the form after it has run with two parties. Figure 4 is the form after it has run with one party. I think with this information you should be able to automate the form as you desire.

Jonathan:

Thank you.  Your suggestions worked like a charm. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Joe. Great - hope it makes practice smooth and profitable. Nice to see another attorney digging into template automation.