Solved

Attorney Fee Declaration

Userlevel 4

I need to prepare a declaration of attorney’s fees for one case. Any tips or tricks to filer, then extract the necessary data and export to a spreadsheet?

-Thoughts and comments appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Funkytown 10 April 2023, 22:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Funkytown there is generally no method to automate fields in a spread sheet in excel. There are automated fields that can be inserted into word for a table of billing fee entries and a table for billing cost entries. However, these fields include only date, description, and total. The fields do not include staff/rate or unit information therefor me I have found it unusable. I have submitted a request on this and heard another user had as well. 

I believe your best method is to generate one or more invoices in Smokeball and attach them as exhibits. You could also run a report in billing on a  matter and export the entries in an excel format but you may have to clean it up and convert to table to make it useful. 

Userlevel 4

You could also run a report in billing on a  matter and export the entries in an excel format but you may have to clean it up and convert to table to make it useful. 

A billing report export works for me. Thank you!

Userlevel 4

I found a template in the “General” forms library. “Letter to Client with Summary of Fees and Expenses”.

That generated a complete billing history and will do nicely for re-tasking as a Declaration of Attorney’s Fees.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Did it include billing staff and billing rate/units? If so then that is a revision in the last week. 

Userlevel 4

Did it include billing staff and billing rate/units? If so then that is a revision in the last week. 

I don’t know. I’ll go look….

...and I’ve now looked and the table did NOT include staff/rate/units so its back to the drawing board.

Userlevel 4

Thanks to a trainer I found a report in the billing module fits the bill (pun intended).