Solved

Assigning Tasks

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need a better way for my team to acknowledge the tasks I enter.  Is there a way to send them an email via Tasks?  Or, even better, a message via communicate?  Right now I have to double dip - send an email asking them to do something and then assign it in Tasks.  Just checking tasks in general and seeing a new one isn’t enough in a high volume firm.

As a side note, would be nice messages could be sent internally via communicate when a Matter Stage changes, rather than just externally.  Or even assign a task when the Status changes.

Happy for any other suggestions on how you handle this.

icon

Best answer by Funkytown 13 March 2024, 20:39

View original

3 replies

It would also be helpful if to create a task from an email.   When reviewing lots of emails, a quick click would be great . 

Userlevel 2

@taniatuttle I have submitted a feature suggestion in the past to be able to assign tasks or “mini” workflows if you will to matter stages that would apply on advancement of the stage (and to include a pop-up reminder that the task/workflow is there when advancing the stage). 

Tasking and associated communication can be difficult, especially when assigning group tasks. If one person marks the task complete it is marked complete for everyone. No one is notified when a task is marked complete. I currently then send additional messages within matters to acknowledge completion. And if a user enters more details anywhere in the task after creation it does not notify anyone of changes to the task.

If you put a reminder on the task and set to a due date before the date of creation of the task it will generate an immediate notification to the assignee. 

When tasking to an individual, you can “reply” by changing the assignee from the original assignee to the assignor which will generate a new notification. However, this isn’t a perfect solution as then everyone has to keep remembering to switch the assignee when “replying.”

I have also submitted feature suggestions to be able to adjust the time frame in which tasks can be viewed according to due date. 

I have created custom “My Views” in the TASKS view to quickly see certain types of tasks that are either assigned to me or I have assigned to others for a quick check of their “status.” With custom my views you can also implement the use of task “tags” or categories to further filter tasks.

@V. Lee I have submitted a feature suggestion to be able to task from a calendar entry to condense communication streams but email tasking would also be very helpful!

Userlevel 4

I’ve used the Phone Message feature for this purpose. I marked the message for my paralegal, noted the matter, and included my task in the message body. Then I check the “notify via email” button and that creates a task and an email notification. 

I would love tasks to have an “invite” feature like the calendar. Then, I’d expect to trigger an internal communicate message to notify anyone assigned about the the task and when its updated.