News

Coming Soon: A new URL for Smokeball Billing

• 3 August 2023
  • 5 replies
Coming Soon: A new URL for Smokeball Billing
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi all,

We have some exciting news! Our new URLs to access the Smokeball Billing app are ready to use right now!

USA: app.smokeball.com

Australia: app.smokeball.com.au

We’ll automatically redirect you on the 18th August, but you can start using the new URL’s as soon as you’re ready.

Read on for more details. 

Why?

Smokeball Billing has always been about just that - billing. However as we continue to add more and more productivity features we want to better represent (and to celebrate) where Smokeball Billing is moving. As part of this, we’re going to launch a new URL to match.

When can I use the new links?

You can start using the new URL right now, at your own convenience.

On the 17th August, to make it easier for you in the future we’ll start redirecting you automatically to the new URL.

Three Important things to remember:

1. Your account details remain the same
  2. Your data remains the same - we’re not moving anything
  3. When you first access the new app, you’ll need to login again (use the Forgot Password link on the login screen if you need to!)

Questions?

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Need further help or clarification? Reply below, we're here to help!

Feedback?

We’ve got a lively conversation about what the future holds for Billing. Let us know what you’d like to see us build next here

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the new app URL?

US: app.smokeball.com

AU: app.smokeball.com.au

Will I lose any of my data?

No. All of your data will be kept. In fact, your data isn’t even moving. All we’re doing is changing the URL you use to access the app. Nothing behind the scenes changes.

Will I have to login again?

Yes you will. Since this is a domain name change, for security reasons browser’s don’t allow one website to access another website’s login information. Because of this, when you view the new app URL you’ll see a login form, and you can the login with your existing account details.

What if I forgot my username or password?

Your username is your email address, and while this is up to each firm, most firms generally use your work email address as your username.

If you’ve forgotten your password, when you see the login form on the new site there is a link to “Forgot Password”. Click on this link, and you’ll be able to set a new password.

Remember, your web app login details are the same details you use to access the Windows native app as well. 

Do all my colleagues have to move at the same time?

No, you are free to be a trailblazer, and jump onto the new site as soon as you’re ready. Your team will still be working from the same data and database. But it’d be worth reminding them if you bump into them in the hallway.

How long can I keep using the old app URL for?

We’re aiming to put in a redirect on the 18th August. You’ll have a week before this date to move over at your own leisure, and then after the 18th if you do try and access the old URL (such as from a bookmark) we’ll redirect you over to the new site.

Userlevel 6

Hi everyone, we have had some fantastic feedback and ideas in response to this update and the exciting changes that are just around the corner. 

To keep this thread free for helping people who might get stuck making the move to the new URL I’ve made a new thread for those of you who have ideas, requests or other feedback about how we can make Billing as useful as possible to you. 

Make the jump to the feedback thread here (sign-in required):

@Sam Stephens is hard at work capturing your input and getting it to the right team although hopefully he’ll take a break over the weekend 😅. 

We will add everything here to the evidence base that our teams use to prioritize updates and new features in Smokeball.

I think you will find there’s quite a few very nice updates coming very soon that respond to some of the feedback here too! 

Your insights are invaluable though, I am holding space for them and will continue to do so. There’s quite a few of us reading along here in the Sydney office. So please continue!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi all!

I’d love to hear how people are going with the new URL - has anyone had any issues moving over or logging in to the new URL?

I see a lot of firms have already moved over, which is really exciting!

We’ll be implementing an automatic redirect on the 18th August, which is only a couple of days away, so if you haven’t moved over yet I’d recommend you give it a try now.

Check out the FAQ about if you have any questions, and if you have any issues please feel free to post a reply here too!

cheers

Sam

Userlevel 2

I’m wondering if in one of these areas, we couldn’t import the notes section from SB.  We keep important billing notes like “Send only September bill to this address” in the notes section.  Having them front and center during the billing process would be great.  We use notes as an all-hands, up-to-date notification center, so all hands looks there before proceeding on anything in the matter in-case there’s a special-case scenario that applies.  Or, even better, having the ability to choose what appears on this page and where it goes either per-user, or per firm.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the feedback @GenerationLawJackie! I’ll tag @Ian Sperry on this one, as he looks after the productivity features!

cheers

Sam