Solved

Update to Titles Office Registration Fees

• 29 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I note that Qld Titles registration fees are increasing from 1 July 2023.  How does Smokeball deal with the change to the amounts leading up to 1 July 2023 ?  ie.  if registration fees are calculated now but settlement is after 1 July 2023.

BACKGROUND:  We always advise our client of the registration fees in our initial correspondence.

I would usually have coding in our documents that say something along the lines of “IF Settlement Date is greater than 1 July 2023 then use the updated fee scale ELSE use the existing fee scale”.

QUESTION:  Is this type of coding possible to do in Smokeball ? or is the updated fee scale already calculated based off the settlement date ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Lucy Byrne 30 May 2023, 03:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Melstar76, just to let you know that I’ve shared this with our legal product team here so they can take a look. Someone should circle back soon :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Melstar76 thank you for your message! Now that the 2023/24 financial year fees have been released we will update them in our system. Once this update is complete, any settlements that are due from 1 July 2023 will automatically apply the new fees. Please do not hesitate to get back to us, should you have any questions :)