Solved

Saving a letter opened from one matter to another matter while open

• 2 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I frequently open a word document from one matter, edit it and otherwise change its content specific to another matter and then go to save it to the second matter, but the “save” and “save as” commands default to the matter from which it was opened and I cannot figure out how to exit the default destination so that the document can be saved directly to the second matter.  I realize I should probably think ahead and copy the document to the second matter before opening it, but I usually don’t remember to do so until after the document is opened and the editing has begun.  Is there a way to save a document once it’s been opened and edited to a matter that is not the one from which the document was opened?

icon

Best answer by JKibler 4 March 2023, 17:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@jmwirth you could go to the MS Word “back stage” and “save as” to a file on your PC then import that file to your matter. You could also copy your work, go to the new matter, open a new file, and paste the content. 

I find that using Smokeball well requires making conscious decisions over time to change your user behavior. I suggest that you take this as an opportunity to start copying the file to another matter before working on it. If you don’t succeed then try the copy paste.