Question

Multiple Client Entry on a single form

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to map a second client through either a Lead or Matter Form?

We have created an updated Estate Planning Matter form that uses conditional logic to collect the spouse’s information, and we would like for it to be mapped to “Client 2” in the Matter so we don’t have to manually enter their information.

Is this possible?

Charles

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Charles!

Thanks for posting! You can indeed, it just involves using the “Group of Fields” option in your components list. Simply create a group, add the mapped client fields you need to this group, and then select the additional details menu on the top right of the group and choose to repeat fields.

I just put together a quick gif to demonstrate it real quick below:

Give that a shot and let us know if you need anything else!

Roy Clifton
Senior Client Trainer
Smokeball

Userlevel 1

Hey Charles!

Thanks for posting! You can indeed, it just involves using the “Group of Fields” option in your components list. Simply create a group, add the mapped client fields you need to this group, and then select the additional details menu on the top right of the group and choose to repeat fields.

I just put together a quick gif to demonstrate it real quick below:

Give that a shot and let us know if you need anything else!

Roy Clifton
Senior Client Trainer
Smokeball

Roy,

That’s how I had it setup, and I found that it was changing the Client 1 to Clients 2’s information, and not adding an additional client/prospect. It would mix the information together, if client 1 entered and address and the address was left blank for Client 2, it would use the Client 1 info with Client 2 name, phone, email, etc. I removed the mapping for the spouse/significant other, and it now keeps all of the Client 1 information, but we have to manually add Client 2 from scratch.

FYI, We run the Matter form while it’s still a Lead, but I found that even after we convert, it keeps Client 2’s information as the sole client.

Charles

Userlevel 1

Hey Charles,

Thanks for the extra details! I’m checking in with the Intake team to see if they have any extra insight.

If you have any extra replication steps you can provide as we look into this it would be helpful as well!

For example, before sending the form did the lead already have two clients added, do you send the form to the first client or second? Anything extra you may think of may assist us as we look into this further.

Thanks in advance and I hope you’re having a great week!

Roy Clifton
Senior Client Trainer
Smokeball

Userlevel 1

Hey Charles,

Thanks for the extra details! I’m checking in with the Intake team to see if they have any extra insight.

If you have any extra replication steps you can provide as we look into this it would be helpful as well!

For example, before sending the form did the lead already have two clients added, do you send the form to the first client or second? Anything extra you may think of may assist us as we look into this further.

Thanks in advance and I hope you’re having a great week!

Roy Clifton
Senior Client Trainer
Smokeball

Roy,

Thank you for looking into this. Our workflow goes like this: Website/Phone form filled out (General form, collects the Prospect name, phone, email, what practice area, and a brief description of their needs)>open Lead, change matter type to proper practice area>send appropriate intake form (collects more details about prospect, Spouse/Significant other, and additional details about their needs)>Schedule meeting with Prospect>if hired, convert to Matter.

If Person A fills out the website form, then the Intake Form is sent to them to complete. Their basic information is already pre-filled, so they complete the missing information. If they select that they are married or in a committed relationship, the conditional logic prompts them to complete the information for their Spouse/Significant Other. 

If the Spouse/Significant Other group is mapped to “Client” (name, address, DoB, etc.) then the submitted form will replace the existing Prospect information with the Spouse/Significant Other information and delete the original Prospect info.

If there was a mapping for “Client 2”, then I could map the Spouse/Significant Other info to that. In your Forms Automation, you have to specify Client 1, 2, 3, etc. when there are multiples.

I’m attaching a link to our website intake form for you to review, feel free to fill it out and I can send you the follow-up form from there.

https://matter-intake.com/create/70866207-2a9b-46c0-8e2b-3ee4079e4616

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

Charles@worleyelderlaw.com or 941-448-1302

Thank you,

Charles