Skip to main content

Has anyone found a way to view ALL of the matters, broken up by matter type, since the update to version 9? I can view all of the matters, but they aren’t separated by matter type anymore, like they were in version 8. I have to use the navigation window on the left to switch between matter types (and there are matter types that we don’t use, so it can be confusing). 

Desktop App > Reports Tab > Select Report: Matter Full - List > Group by Matter Type. Reset date opened to earliest date.

Desktop App > Reports Tab > Select Report: Matter Full - List > Group by Matter Type. Reset date opened to earliest date.

I’m not looking for the reports, I’m trying to change the view of the Matters Tab back to the older, version 8, style, like this.

@Sara Sultan do you know if there is a way to “Sort by” in the global Matters view to achieve the result the OP is asking for? I am curious as well if those options will be reinstated at some point. Thank you!

Hello Mary,

There are no plans at the moment to reinstate the group by options, but I have passed this feedback onto product as well as made some feature suggestions on behalf of other users.  

Are you willing to share more on why you are looking to have that feature reinstated for your firm?

Hello Mary,

There are no plans at the moment to reinstate the group by options, but I have passed this feedback onto product as well as made some feature suggestions on behalf of other users.  

Are you willing to share more on why you are looking to have that feature reinstated for your firm?

@Sara Sultan our firm is wanting this feature back VERY BADLY!!! It allows us to view all open matters at a glance, without having to scroll through all of the different matter types on the lefthand side. Our firm principal is not happy with the current view, and even less happy that she just renewed her contract less than 2 weeks before her view changed. She has put in a request ticket, support ticket, and spoken with her account manager about the option of going back to version 8.xx in order to get it back. Removing the ability to view all matters, grouped by matter type, in the global matter view has been a nightmare for us.

Charles

@Sara Sultan Just checking to see if there is an update regarding reinstating this feature?

As stated in my previous reply, this was the way that our firm principal was able to view all open matters and navigate Smokeball. Without this view, we are having to work extra hard to stay on top of our caseload. Ay update about when or how to bring it back would be appreciated.

Is there a way that we can reverse the update that removed it and go back to version 8.xx?

Thank you,

Charles

Hi @Reckless_Kelly thank you for your feedback. Currently the only way to see this information would be to run the Matter - Full List report or by filtering by matter type. I’d love to speak to you to understand the needs of your firm. I’ll reach out via email to get that meeting scheduled. Thank you!