Solved

Delete field codes

• 23 September 2022
  • 1 reply

How do you delete field codes in word documents?  When I trying to print envelopes, the field codes prevent me from just selecting one person - it grabs the entire group because its a automation field (parties).  So frustrating! 

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 23 September 2022, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello!

This is not such a straightforward answer to be able to give over a message, but I will try.  A lot depends on what you mean when you are saying “Field codes”.  A picture would help.  Also, how are you creating the envelope?  Do you have a template labeled “envelope” or are you using the Mailing tab in Word and the Smokeball Envelope option there?

In general, however, if you are in Microsoft Word and there is text that is brought in using a field, clicking at the beginning of the field and pressing Delete, or clicking at the very end of the field and choosing Backspace will first select the entire field.  If you click on Delete or Backspace again, it will delete the entire field.  If you just want to remove part of the text brought in from the field, click in the middle of the text and remove what you want to get rid of.  

That being said, I highly recommend that you set up time to go over this with a trainer.  You can click here for a 30 minute Q & A and here for an hour long Q & A.