Solved

Change multiple time entries at once

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

My question is:

Is it possible to select multiple time entries and change the hourly rate associated to them so this applies to all entries at once?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Sam Stephens 12 November 2023, 23:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Thank you for posting in the Community! At this time there is no way to bulk update/change hourly rates on time entries. However, as a former SB user myself, I found the fastest way to update my hourly rate on multiple time entries was from a draft invoice. While the draft is open, I would go down the rate column and update the correct hourly rate. Of course this will only work if the time entries are on the same matter.

Our firm didn’t always update the proper hourly rates in each matter, oops! Which caused me having to go in and update the proper rates for not only myself but other firm members. Again, I did this on a matter by matter basis. So I am not certain that this will apply to your situation.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help ya out!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @george27 ,

I’m not sure if this will help make this easier going forward, but it might also be worth checking out if Rate Sets may apply to your situation.

Rate Sets allows you to set rates per staff member, and these can then be applied to specific matters.

This may help with managing hourly rates on different matters for different staff members a little easier in the future?

cheers

Sam