Moving to the new Community- Frequently Asked Questions

Userlevel 6
  • Community Manager
  • 174 replies

Welcome to the new Smokeball community! 

This post covers all the important information about the move to this new community space.

Is there something else you’d like to know that isn’t covered here? Scroll down, click reply and let me know! 

Contents

What’s changing in the Smokeball community? 

We have designed it to make it easier to connect with our team, other Smokeball clients, and legal experts from around the world.   

The best news is, we’re making it simpler to join from the Smokeball app – there's no need to sign in each time you want to connect to the community. The new community will also be available online so, it can travel with you, using any browser.

How do I access the new community? 

You’re accessing it right now!

From June 14, you can also access the new community via the Community tab in the Smokeball desktop app (if you have upgraded to version 8.3). 

When you upgrade your Smokeball app to version 8.3, the new community will be available to join and view.  

I can’t sign in to the web version of the smokeball community

If you signed up to Smokeball via the Smokeball Desktop app, then you will need to create a password for your account the first time you sign in via the web. 
1. Go to the update password page here
2. Enter the email you use to sign in to Smokeball 
3. Create a password - it doesn’t need to be the same as your Smokeball password

How do I make a post in the new community? 

If you would like to make a post in the new community, please sign up here.

You will need to sign up even if you had an account in the previous community. Please use the email address linked to your Smokeball account. 

Once you have signed up, you will also need to visit your email inbox to confirm your email 

What is happening to the current Smokeball community? 

Importantly, when we launch the new community on June 14, we will close the current community. You will no longer be able to access your existing community account or the old community.  

What happens to my profile and posts in the existing community? 

Your reputation scores, badges, and ranks will all be saved and transferred across to the new community.  

Conversations and direct messages will not be transferred across to the new community; you will not be able to access these conversations after June 14th. We will be saving all the conversations, so they won’t be lost. 

You will need to create an account in the community please sign up here.

What about my Smokebucks? 

We will keep a record of any Smokebucks you have earned; however, the swag store will not be available in the new community (for the moment). If you’d like to use these Smokebucks to order swag, please do so as soon as possible. Please send me a private message here if you need help with this. 

What can I do in this community? 

I’m glad you asked! Here’s a guide! 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!