Take memos in moments, manage templates and precedents your way & more

Related: Document Automation Documents & Emails
Take memos in moments, manage templates and precedents your way & more

Here’s some handy new features that we’ve launched for you this month. 

Watch the video

Make multiple memos in moments

Our new quick-add memo feature makes it easy to create a memo straight from the main menu of Smokeball. You can now take multiple memos at the same time and save them to a Matter when you’re ready

Manage your template or precedent library in a way that works for your firm

You asked to be able to choose who is able to make changes to the precedents or templates that are in your library. We've taken that feedback on board and given Firm Owners full control  over who within your firm is able to change templates and precedents in your library. 

Have questions about permissions in Smokeball? Jump in to our ask an expert thread and get help with customising permissions for your firm.  

And there’s more...

We’ve made many more improvements over the last month. Read all about all new features and fixes in our Support Hub.

What do you think we should build for you next? 
Let us know in the replies below! 

Thanks so much for sharing this @adeleh! Super helpful as always! 

If you’re reading this, please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think. Please answer any and all of these questions :) 

-Is this a good format for discovering new features in Smokeball? 
-Is there anything we could do to make it more useful for you? 
-What else would you like us to share? 

When I am looking at the medical providers for a specific client and adding in their medical bills under the invoice details tab it would be great to have a way to add in more columns, or edit the names of the ones already there. There’s no way to keep track of both client co-pays and payments made by health insurance, there’s not enough columns. 

Hi @bethmushin! Great feedback, thank you. I noticed that you asked a great question about this over in our QandA section: 

I wanted to check in- does the solution @Sara Sultan shares in that thread solve this issue for you? Is there more we can do?

Thanks again!  

Please fix the memo to allow again to paste images in it, like a small screenshot:

this new memo version no longer allows to paste screenshot :(  i was using he memo to save screenshots of little window confirmations that will not allow to print.  so when I register my boss in Courts portals to appear virtual and the small window pops up confirming the registration but this smallwindow has no menu, so i would screenshot it and save it in a memo in the matter in a quick step.  One of those screenshots saved in a  memo was life saving one day when a Cort clerk said my boss did not get the link because he was not registered, and the memo happens to show the time it was created with the confirmation.   If the previous version allowed it, hopefully is a quick fix :)