Invitation to check out the NEW Communicate Client Portal in Smokeball

Related: Communication & Collaboration

Hi everyone,

I’m the product owner here at Smokeball for Communicate.
We’re passionate about making it as easy as possible to keep your clients up to date on the progress of their matters, share files, and collect information and instructions from them.

We've heard lots of great ideas in the community about how we might make Communicate a more powerful tool for connecting with your clients.

I’m excited to share the new features we’re working on to make some of the ideas you have shared with us a reality in our new Client Portal.

The newly redesigned Client Portal aims to be more intuitive, to make it easy to hold secure conversations and view files shared with your law firm.

Here is what you need to know:
- This is a Beta and not the final version
- The design and functions of the Beta Client portal might change
- Clients can switch back to the standard version of Communicate at any time.
- Watch this space as we are building a bunch of new features.

Read all about how to turn on and use the new Client portal.

Please hit reply and let me know what you think of the Beta so far! 

This is AMAZING and such a critical addition to Smokeball (and the major feature that was missing in my opinion). 

If/when it’s possible - it would be so helpful if you could put together a PDF &/or video on how to use the portal from the client’s perspective so we can send that to new clients and/or have them reference if they need to re-learn something.

That will help everyone have a more successful user experience (happier clients = happier lawyers!) 

For now, I guess I can put together a quick Loom video - but SB always does such a great job at making user friendly instructions with screenshots, etc. 

Hi @CarsenTazi !

Thanks for the ask! 

We do have two articles currently about the client experience in the Support Hub but we’ll take a look at those resources and see what we can add or deliver in another format if it makes sense. 

Unless I’m not looking at the right pages, they DO address the client experience well. They are directed at the lawyer/firm understanding the client’s side, NOT something that the lawyer can give to the client for the client to understand how to use the portal… does that make sense? 

This one is designed to be shared with our client’s clients. Looks like some of the verbiage may have gotten muddy at the beginning, we’ll get that worked on, but it is indeed able to be sent to the end users. 

It is useful for Smokeball clients to understand of course but the initial intent of this article was so that you all would have something to send out.

Thanks for the heads up @CarsenTazi, we’re working on some tweaks and updates to all this for you now :) 

@CarsenTazi We do have a end-client facing communicate hub you can send to new clients to help them get started in communicate

The latest release note is also published there. All suggestions for content in this hub (or in our Support Hub) is really appreciated - thank you! 

@Ben.Enviah Is this only available if they open the message from a computer? Does it appear the same if they open the link from their mobile device?

Hi @hbadasci, as a first release we have decided to only make it available via the web and not part of the Communicate mobile app. We are looking at the feedback we get and how people use it so that we can better design the mobile app.   

It is definitely something we are planning to release. Any feedback you have on what we should change, improve or add to the mobile app would be appreciated.