Introduce Yourself Here- September 2022

• 5 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
  • Community Manager
  • 179 replies

Our community is now 3 months old! Wow, that went fast, thanks for stopping by! 

Here is our third introduce yourself here post. Take a moment to help us get to know you by answering these three questions- it only takes 3 minutes! 

1. What is a cause or purpose you deeply believe in? 
  2. How do you get motivated for a difficult task? 
  3. If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon?

How to reply 
Scroll down and click the orange reply button. 
Can’t reply?

If you’re new here and can’t see the reply button- open your inbox and confirm your email first. 

I look forward to reading your answers! 

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello, my name is Kalina and I am a trainer at Smokeball. I am keen to contribute to this community.

1. It is the global norm to be bilingual/multilingual.
  2. Make notes/break down the task and work my way up to completion.
  3. My magic button would summon babaganoush, bread and water.
Userlevel 6

Suddenly I have a craving for Babaganoush and those crispy toasted pita bread things. Delicious! 

What is a cause or purpose you deeply believe in? 

Access to justice: I believe that vulnerable and disempowered people in our communities need advocacy and support to have equal access to the legal system.

I also think that access to justice can often begin with improving the services and systems that help vulnerable people before the legal system needs to get involved. 

How do you get motivated for a difficult task? 

I am with @Kalina  on breaking tasks down into chunks.

I also ask myself this question: Why is this task important or valuable?  

It seems so simple, but remembering the “why” behind something I am setting out to do seems to help keep me on track. 

If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon?

I initially thought that summoning coffee would be a good idea… but I don’t think that would end well! 

So, to counteract all the coffee I drink, my magic button will summon a masseuse to give me a nice head massage while I work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello all!

I am a Senior Trainer here are Smokeball.  Welcome to the Community!

1. What is a cause or purpose you deeply believe in? 
    I am quite active in a number of causes, but I am very concerned about the disparity of wealth growing wider every year.
  2. How do you get motivated for a difficult task? 
    Music!!!!!
  3. If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon?
    Refill on my lemonade!  Nothing worse that being in the middle of a training and realizing you have nothing for your parched throat.
  1. What is a cause or purpose you deeply believe in? Liberty and the mostly unobstructed ability to own and transfer property.
  2. How do you get motivated for a difficult task?  By not thinking about the difficulty but on the task.
  3. If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon? The disappearance of such a button.
Userlevel 6

Hi everyone,

I’m the customer marketing manager at Smokeball and looking forward to hearing from our members.

What is a cause or purpose you deeply believe in? Conserving the biodiversity of planet we live on. And doing this by working with local and Indigenous peoples who often already have the knowledge and answers as stewards of their land. 

How do you get motivated for a difficult task? Similar to @Kalina, I like to calendar things out and ensure I have a process in place. Once that’s set, I try and knock out the thing I’m dreading most. 

If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon? Peanut butter stuffed pretzels is tempting, but I love @Ben’s suggestion of a masseuse.    

I am an attorney and a solo practitioner. Today was the day I installed Smokeball. I will have a training call tomorrow. I am excited to get started. 

I believe in helping our Veterans as well as fighting for the protection of children. 

I have a mantra that I say to myself for difficult tasks - do what I have to do now so I can do what I want to do later.

My magic button would summon nachos for me!  I love Mexican food and always seem to be hungry. 

Userlevel 6

Welcome to Smokeball, and excited for you to get going with Smokeball, @All3yKat! Love your mantra for difficult tasks. 

Userlevel 6

Welcome @All3yKat! Thanks for stopping by. I love Mexican food too, although the real stuff is hard to come by over in Australia where I’m based! 

Excited to hear you’re just getting started with Smokeball. I’m sure you’ll meet @Sara Sultan, @Javier R-M, @zac.meyer  and the rest of the training team soon. They’re a great bunch. 

Please always feel free to head here and ask a question too. We’re always happy to help :)