Introduce yourself here-June 2022

Show first post

31 replies

Hey everyone! Longtime (1.5 year) smokeball user but never has been much involved in the community yet. I thought now might be a good time to start sharing and getting involed! 

I am Josh and the owner of Michigan Virtual Attorney, a virtual law firm based out of Michigan (and soon to be Alabama). I focus mainly on business and tax controversy these days, but also have experience in estate planning and probate. 

1. Most recent book i’ve been reading is: Company of One: Why Staying Small is the NExt Big Thing for Business. Admittedly, I have a problem with reading too many business development book.
  2. Where do you hail from? I am born and raised in the Metro Detroit area (West Bloomfield to be exact), but have been a little bit of everyone. Right now I am in Lafayette, Indiana and moving to Tuscaloosa, Alabama in November.
  3. I don’t have any interesting cases that i’ve read recently, but I love all the answers so far! 
Userlevel 2

Hello all!  I’m Dorene Kuffer from Albuquerque, NM - I own a family law firm.

Most recent book:  Anthem by Noah Hawley

I’m originally from the Chicago suburbs and (interesting fact) - Smokeball offices sit in the old Administrative offices of the Cook County Public Defender for whom I used to work!  Did my intereview there!

Most interesting case:  The People of the State of Illinois v. Juan Rivera.  I was on his trial team and years later the NWU Law School Innocence Project successfully got him released from Prison!

Dorene

Good Morning All,

My name is Marty and I work for The Dayton Law Firm in San Jose, CA.

The most recent book I have read is “Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order” by Ray Dalio. There’s also a decent YouTube video covering most of the concepts if you prefer video.

One of my favorite cases is Stella Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants, P.T.S, Inc. and McDonald's International, Inc., because it so often used incorrectly as an example of litigation abuse.

I am new to Smokeball and I am looking forward to learning the system. If anyone has suggestions on the best approach to learning the features, please pass them along.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

My name is Abigail, I am a bilingual family law attorney in Greensboro, North Carolina and I changed careers at 47 to go to law school. I love it, have only been practicing for 3 years. I own my own firm which is named for El Camino de Santiago, which I walked in Spain.

1. Last book I read for business was “Book Yourself Solid” and for fun was the Wolf Hall trilogy by Hilary Mantel. I love anything about that period in history (past life, maybe??)
  2. My favorite weird case is Palsgraf 

I am a die-hard Smokeball fan, so am very happy about this community!

Userlevel 1

Hello Folks!

I’m Roy, and one of your Smokeball Client Trainers! I’m very excited at how our Community has developed and look forward to seeing it grow and interacting with you all more often!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!

Userlevel 6

Thank you all for saying hello in this thread and answering my weird and wonderful questions. 

Here’s a new introduce yourself here thread for July don’t forget to stop by and introduce yourself to our new members :)