Why are categories in the Community tab locked down

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Why is it every time I attempt to post a new question to a category other than “General Q&A,” I am told that the “Category is not available for this user”?  This is a serious disincentive to participate in the community discussions.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the feedback.  I am going to have the site administrator @Ben look into this.  I know that some are locked for Smokeball employees only, like the Product Updates, but you should definitely have access to the Classifieds, Water Cooler and Smokeball ideas categories.

Userlevel 6

Hi @Chuck thanks for flagging this.

I’m sorry to hear it’s happening, not surprisingly it’s the exact opposite of the experience I want for our members! If you have a moment, I’d be grateful to get a bit more information about where you’re seeing this issue so I can help troubleshoot. 

Where are you seeing this error? 
-Is it when you have already typed out a new topic and go to select a category to post it to? 
-Is it when you click the Orange “ask a question” button? 
-Is it somewhere else?
If you can give me a bit more intel I can go and replicate the issue and solve it for you. 

What sections of the community would you like to make a post/ask a question in? 
-If you can remember which area of the community you attempted to post in let me know 
-If not, just let me know where you’d like to post and I’ll make sure it’s enabled 

If there’s anything else you’d like to see in the community please don’t hesitate to share that too. I’d love to know :)