Solved

VOI for Firm/Business/Organisation contacts

• 23 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, How do I verify the identity of Person who is only listed as a contact for a Firm/Business/Organisation on a matter where the Firm/Business/Organisation is the client?

I am aware that where the Person is the client, there is an option to request VOI using the Contact Details widget on the right of the Matter screen, but that option is not available when the Firm/Business/Organisation is the client.

icon

Best answer by sarp 23 June 2023, 08:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Thomas,

Thanks for your question.

As you mentioned, we have an option to “Order VOI” for persons but unfortunately, we don’t currently support a direct way of ordering VOI for the persons listed as contacts of a Firm/Business/Organisation on a matter.

As a workaround;

1. Open the matter that has a Firm/Business/Organisation as a client,
  2. Click the “InfoTrack tab” and click “New Search” button in the ribbon. 

3. Navigate to “InfoTrackID (VOI)” in the opened InfoTrack window. 
  4. Select “Add client” 

When you add the client manually, the VOI order will still be linked to your matter in Smokeball, where you can see the progress of the VOI order.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @sarp for the workaround.

I mostly work with organisations, most of whom are long-standing clients with multiple matters.

It would be much easier to keep track of VOIs for such clients if the VOI status of the contacts was linked to the contact/client, rather than matter.

That way, regardless of which matter I was in for that client, I would be able to see the VOI status of the contact/s.

How do I put in a development request for this feature?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Thomas

Happy to help! 

We would love to have a look at this and make it better.

Can you please send a request using this link: https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

You can also email support@smokeball.com.au to submit a feature request. 

Thank you!

Sarp